Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Buzz on the Grapevine with Novelist and Screenwriter Shelia Goss



1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Shelia M. Goss. I'm an author and screenwriter. I've had a passion for writing the majority of my life. I penned my first poem as early as 7 years old. I'm an avid reader who reads in multiple genres so I like to write in multiple genres. This year I celebrated my 17th book release, The Joneses. This year I will also see my first screenplay, Thirsty, made into a movie.


2. Do you feel this that you do is a part of your life calling and/or purpose?
I feel that I was given the gift of writing and I'm doing what I was called to do--write. Being an author has given me the opportunity to meet and talk to people all over the world on various topics.


3. Do you think by doing this you are contributing to the betterment of society? How? Why?
My hope is to touch one individual in a positive way so they in turn will do the same and it becomes a dominoe effect.


4. What has been your biggest struggle? If you have overcome it, how did you accomplish that?
One of my biggest struggles has been trying to balance writing with living "in the moment." I've accomplished doing so by limiting my writing to during the week and taking the weekends to do personal things. I had to find some balance because I was creating these fictional worlds, but life was quickly passing me by.  


5. What do you want your unforgettable footprint on society to be?

I trusted in God to sustain me and open up doors, even when the odds were stacked against me.  My faith is what kept me going. 

6. If someone wants to follow your public progress or contributions how might they do that? Website? Blog? Books? Social Media?
The Joneses is my latest book release. Thirsty, a romantic comedy based on my screenplay, is being filmed this spring. To keep up to date on all of my books and what's going on with my film projects, I encourage people to visit my website www.sheliagoss.com or join me on twitter www.twitter.com/sheliamgoss.

7. It has been said, "Without a vision, the people perish." Do you have a vision you wish to share with us?
I envision myself being a successful screenwriter with many more film credits on my writing resume. 

8. Final thoughts?
The path of a writer is not for the faint at heart. If you feel that God gave you the gift of writing, study the craft, do not give up and keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment